Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Profiling Updates II

Now that I've got a few full responses, it may help to both interpret individual responses and also compare these different friends' reactions. Since I know the three people who have sent me responses so far, it is similar to having a normal psychological assessment/introduction to them. Because we are all so incredibly complex and growing, this doesn't make me feel much more or less confident in my responses or the system I apply. I am relying largely on the system and largely on the dialogue. Without dialogue, no system of interpretation is meaningful.

The first item I want to address in this note is presentation. This blog page format is clearly not the easiest to work with. Kristin found a web-place to put together online surveys, and we may eventually translate to that format and link there. I personally tend to prefer paper, but this got the ball rolling. We'll look at taking the format further after next week--when I'll be consulting with a few peers in person on what specific improvements to make. Hopefully, my online interpretations will give them food for thought before then. Much of what I normally include in my interpretations will necessarily be censored in the interest of anonymity. Essentially, then, these interpretations may be somewhat bare-bones but you all can imagine me asking some very personal questions and taking my person-to-person responses a couple of levels deeper/closer.

The second thing I want to address here is the question: what do the letters following the question/item numbers mean? They simply help me remember which items supposedly relate to which levels of experience from "E" Exploration/Creativity/Play through "P" for Purpose to "*" signifying Abiding. I can't see any reason to keep these letters on the final form, but I may decide to cluster the questions for each level together.

No comments: